Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition
The Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition is a membership-based coalition of immigrants, allies, and organizations that promotes human rights and dignity & social and economic justice for immigrants. We achieve this through community organizing, policy advocacy, and public education.
Job Opening Coordinator in Austin, TX
· Coordinate community organizing and education with immigrant leaders.
· Work with immigrant leaders to develop campaign strategies to confront issues facing the immigrant community.
· Build support for immigrant rights with local allies and organizations, and with state and national coalitions.
· Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan to meet both current and projected budget needs.
· Communicate regularly with membership, state/national partners and Steering Committee.
· Outreach to media, including writing op-eds, press releases and coordinating press conferences.
· Perform and/or delegate administrative duties: updating database, website, listerv, bookkeeping.
· Minimum 2-year commitment
· Bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish
· 1-2 years of community organizing experience
· Familiarity with immigration policy and its implications at the local level
· Familiarity with political landscape of Austin and Texas
· Strong fundraising skills, including grant writing
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills
· Computer experience (Microsoft Word, Excel, email, Internet, and database programs)
· Experience with group facilitation and mediation
· Strong oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
· $35,000 annual salary
· Health Insurance
AIRC is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages people of color, immigrants, Women and LBGTQ individuals to apply.
Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample (preferably a grant proposal) to:
Caroline Keating-Guerra, AIRCapply no later than April 3, 2010. Position starts May 17, 2010.