* * KICK OFF EVENT * *
Saturday, Feb 26
9am – 1pm
Mexican American Unity Council Bldg
Join the City of San Antonio Office of Historic Preservation as we kick off a Cultural Resource Survey of the City’s historic Westside! We need your input to identify places that are culturally important to the Westside community.Help generate interest in the preservation of these significant places.
The Kick-Off Event will feature speakers & break out sessions with representatives from Westside Development Corporation, Esperanza Peace & Justice Center, Westside Historic Preservation Group, San Antonio Conservation Society, National Trust for Historic Preservation and others.
Bring your images, stories, memories
of places that matter to you on the Westside.
Equipment will be available to scan/archive your pictures.
Free and Open to the Public
For more info contact
Elizabeth Porterfield, Office of Historic Preservation 210-207-3327
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
T-SHIRT / BANNER / POSTER
MAKING DAY!!! SAT @ 1pm
2011 S.A. International
Woman’s Day March & Rally
Stop by Esperanza Peace & Justice Center and get yours today! or
Come to the t-shirt / banner / postermaking day!
Sat Feb 26, 1-6pm
Bring a t-shirt to screenprint this year’s image. Bring an extra t-shirt for a friend. Bring a friend!!! :)
Call (210) 228-0201 for more info
We need lots of help withoutreach & spreading the word about the march and rally, which is sure to be even bigger than last year’s!! Here are some things you can do:
- Come by the Esperanza Center & pick up outreach materials! We have FLYERS&POSTERS! You can do outreach at gatherings, events, schools, work, your favorite restaurant, laundromat, coffeeshop, etc.
- Forward emails about the march to your friends & family & post march info on your Facebook, Myspace, Twitter etc.
- Make phone calls to everyone you know to let your community know about the march & why it’s important to participate!
- Teachers & Students & Members of Organizations – Reserve buses & plan a group carpool to the march, ask a committee member to plan a presentation for your students/coworkers
- visit the website weekly for updates on speakers, performers, route, etc www.SAWomenWillMarch.org
Esperanza Peace and Justice Center || 210.228.0201 || 922 San Pedro Ave., at Evegreen St.